Take a look at what the rest of the chefs came up with!
4 cucumbers peeled
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup water
Salt & sugar for rim
1. Make some simple syrup by heating ¼ cup of water and ¼ cup of sugar over medium heat until melted.
2. Peel cucumbers and take out seeds. Put cucumbers and simple syrup with a bit of water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Strain mixture 2-3 times.
4. Combine cucumber mixture and vodka in martini shaker.
5. Rim glasses with mix of salt & sugar.
Crab meat (faux is fine)
Good quality extra virgin olive oil
Orange and yellow bell peppers
Hot sauce (Franks or regular Tabasco)
Salt & pepper
1. Boil seafood until tender. Let cool.
2. Finely chop the red onion and cut bell peppers into small pieces.
3. Mix vegetables with the seafood.
4. Add good amount of olive oil and lemon juice.
5. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
6. Let marinate in fridge at least 4 hours or overnight.
2 Lbs of large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
1 Tbsp of Vodka (Grey Goose)
Salt & pepper to taste
1/3 cup olive oil
3 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 Tsp ground cumin
1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley
1/2 Tsp salt
1. In a pan, heat the olive oil at medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a Ziplock bag, pour the garlic and oil, add the vodka, salt and pepper. Add 2 lbs of large shrimp and toss them in the bag. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
3. Once ready to cook, thread 2 shrimps on a wooden skewer. Place the skewered shrimp on a grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. In a blender, combine all of your ingredients. Close the lid and blend for 3 minutes. Pour in dipping bowl and dunk your cooked shrimps.
Vodka Avocado Smoothie
1 ripe avocados
2 cups of milk
2 tbs of Honey
A splash of Vodka (to taste)
1. In a blender, combine avocado and milk. Blend until smooth.
2. Add honey to mixture. Blend again.
3. Add splash of vodka and blend again.
4. Serve cool.
Thai Chicken Spring Rolls
2 chicken breasts
1 large bell pepper
1 package of bean sprouts
4 green onions
1 package of rice papers
1. Thinly slice chicken and marinate in sesame oil, a splash of fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic and pepper.
2. Thinly slice all your ingredients and set aside.
3. Cook chicken until golden.
4. Fill large bowl with warm to hot water and place next to sliced ingredients.
5. Dip rice paper into bowl of water until soft.
6. On flat clean surface, preferably a chopping board, flatten rice paper and pat dry-ish with clean cloth.
7. Place chicken and sliced ingredients in a thin horizontal row, in the middle of the rice paper.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds and top with coriander.
9. Roll bottom edge of rice paper over ingredients and tuck underneath. Now fold either side of the rice paper once. Roll rest of rice paper upwards and place seam side down.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
1 cup of peanut Butter
2 tbs of hot sauce or splash of chili flakes
1 tbs of sesame oil
1 tbs of fish sauce
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 warm water
1. In a bowl, combine peanut butter, hot sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and garlic.
2. Once combined, add the juice of 2 limes. You will see the peanut butter stiffen.
3. Adding warm water to the mixture will turn the mixture into a dipping sauce.
4. Add pepper to taste
JULIE-ANNE AND PETER: STRAIGHT UP VODKA AND LIME WITH GRILLED SHRIMP ON A BED OF QUINOA
Photo Credit: Emmanuel Hessler