HOT JALAPEÑO POPPERS
BY KATHERINE MACNAUGHTON
Brace yourself for this one, cus it’s a hot one!
6 jumbo jalapeño peppers
6 large strips of bacon
1 cup of cream cheese
1 red pepper chopped finely
1 large garlic clove
1 italian sausage
1. With a sharp knife, slice the top off each pepper and set them aside. With a fondu fork, stir the seeds out of the pepper. Make sure to get ALL of them out, otherwise you might choke your friends!
2. In a frying pan or on the BBQ, grill your Italian sausage. Slice the sausage open and empty the casing.
2. In a bowl, combine diced pepper, garlic, sausage and cream cheese. Add a bit of ground pepper if you like.
3. Spoon mixture into each pepper. Once filled, grab a piece of bacon and wrap it around the pepper starting at the opened top to the bottom. Using a toothpick and the sliced pepper tops to fasten the bacon.
4. Cook peppers on the grill for approx. 20 minutes. If the stuffing starts oozing out and pushing the peppers tops off, remove them from the grill. Enjoy!