BEEF CARPACIO WITH HOMEMADE PICKLED SALAD
BY CHRIS ELVIDGE AND CAMILLE MACNAUGHTON
“The inspiration for our dish came from a visit to the Spice Station on Bernard, the week before the challenge. Up until this point, we both were drawing blanks on what to serve because, let’s face it, we both like to COOK and the raw throwdown was out of our comfort zone.
With our specialty salts (Hickory smoked and Bonfire smoked salts) and pickling spices in hand, we set off to prepare our meal of beef carpacio with homemade pickled salad.” – Camille
Raw Filet Mignon
White wine vinegar
Red and yellow beets
- Filet mignon cut beef marinated in white wine vinegar, olive oil, sliced jalapeño peppers, crushed garlic, Bonfire smoked salts, crushed pepper. Leave over night in the fridge.
- Red and yellow beets, Lebanese cucumbers and baby corn, pickled separately in a white wine vinegar, pickling spice and sugar. Leave over night in the fridge.
- Slice filet into thin slices and fan over plate.
- Mix arugula and pickles in a bowl and mound in the middle of the plate. Presentation is everything so make it look pretty!
- Drizzle olive oil over and serve.
◊ This little shop offers up fabulous assortments of sea salts, teas, sugars and spices, all while providing valuable food-spice pairing ideas.
174 A Bernard W
Montréal, QC H2T 2K4