- Ghost (bhut jolokia)
- Jamaican bell
- Finger chillies
- De Arbol
- Red kidney
- White kidney
- Large fava
- Black turtle
- Sweat the onions with chopped garlic
- Add meats, cook until browned
- Add tomatoes and hot peppers with some water to reduce
- Stir in the beans
- Simmer for several hours over low heat, until desired consistency is reached
- Add corn (in this case, peaches & cream kernels).
- Season to taste with: chili powder, cumin, chipotle seasoning, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt
*Seasoning should progess in a stepwise fashion. You can’t season to taste before simmering, because the final product will be too salty & spicy. You also can’t reduce the chili and then season, because the spices will not have married and mellowed properly. Start with a modest amount of seasoning in the early stages (i.e. while browning the meat(s)) and add very gradually as the chili thickens.
Served with a shadon beni raita (shadon beni is a West Indian cilantro analogue, mixed in 0% Greek yogurt) and shredded cheddar cheese.