BY CAMILLE MACNAUGHTON & CHRIS ELVIDGE
1 lbs Pork, minced
1 lbs veal, minced
1 lbs lamb, minced
garlic, minced (to your liking)
flat leaf parsley
2 tbs maple syrup
1 cup beer reduction (boiled 2 bottles of beer and reduced it over medium heat until syrupy)
1 tbs cayenne pepper
1 tbs all spice
pepper and salt
Halal lamb sausage casings
1. Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Fry up some of the meat to taste flavourings and adjust to taste. Leave meat in fridge to marinate a couple of hours.
2. Once the meat has marinated, stuff sausages. For our recipe, we made sausage links approximately 5-10 cm long.
3. Boil readymade sausages in beer (Griffon red ale) and butter for approximately 5 minutes. Pre boiling is done to ensure that the sausages are uniformly cooked.
4. Take sausages and fry them up in a skillet with butter and vegetable oil.
5. Serve with some homemade brown mustard, caramelized vidalia onions, and roasted red peppers.
beer (Griffon red ale)
1. Place all the ingredients in a container and marinate for a minimum of 24 hours.
2. Macerate all the ingredients with a hand blender. Flavour to taste.
Place a toasted slice of champagne bread on the plate and top with the caramelized onions and peppers.
Place a couple of pan fried sausages on the plate and add a dollop of mustard on top.