BY JULIE-ANNE PETRILLI
FROM THE TEA THROWDOWN
Yield: 18 Muffins
200g pitted dates
1/2 cup milk
- Warm milk at low setting on the stove. Add dates and cook for about 5 min.
- Turn off heat and let the dates poach for about 20 min.
- Use handmixer to turn mixture into a smooth paste.
- Strain mixture in a strainer.
- Refrigerate for about 1hr.
4 Cups Almond Meal
4 Egg Whites
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Dash of Salt
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 tbsp Canola Oil
- Pre-heat oven at 350 F.
- Start by mixing the almond meal, sugar and baking Soda.
- In a separate bowl mix all the eggs, vanilla, oil and apple cider vinegar
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Grease a muffin pan and distribute the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes (the muffins should have a golden exterior.)
- Let the muffins cool for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of date purée.